Ökke&Hekim is Turkey’s first and sole law firm providing high quality legal advice and service in the field of art law.
Ökke&Hekim provide legal services to its clients; to create and maintain healthy relationships and find solutions to their “art-specific” legal disputes and matters.
Our team, being highly experienced in all kind of legal issues and Turkish legislation surrounding the art market, offers creative, effective and fast solutions for the necessities of individuals and profit/non profit organizations. Ökke&Hekim also aim to contribute the healthy growth of art market with its professional approach on legal disputes and matters.
• Art import, export and movement;
• Drafting and negotiation of art sale, purchase, loan and consignment contracts;
• Establishment, management and liquidation of profit or non profit art investments;
• Art related aspects of estate, wills and tax issues;
• Exploitation and protection of copyright and other intellectual property rights including Droit de Suite (artists’ resale rights)
• Art insurance;
• Art crimes; including fraud, fakes, money laundering, art theft, vandalism and within this scope; maintaining a strong corporate compliance program for art institutions.
• Cultural property ownership and issues including spoliation and restitution.
• Legal aspects of authenticity and valuation;
• Disputes of art ownership/third part claims
• Legal issues of auctions including third party claims and auctioneers rights and responsibilities;